ZS Wellness takes ownership of its intellectual property seriously and we’ve outlined some key information below:
What is ZS Wellness?
ZS Wellness provides bespoke wellness solutions to the maritime industry.
We use technology to our advantage in order to deliver the bespoke solution to organisations.
We work with our technology partners Garmin in order to remotely collect lifestyle data through wearable devices (and other) through the Garmin Connect account / app.
We use a secure, bespoke, ORACLE, based system in order to build dashboards in order, in some cases, for ZS Wellness to review wellness information to make recommendations to both organisations and end users.
In most instances (not all) ZS Wellness will review, analyse data in order to provide recommendations in order take proactive rather than reactive steps to crew/employee wellness. In some instances we may provide unique user logins to organisations that can provide privacy policies internally.
Please see below how we collect data.
- As an origination, you will agree that this information is not to be used for any disciplinary matters, that employees will not be 'fired' due to data generated.
- You will agree that you will have correct privacy policies in place and the correct measures to ensure that only designated persons have access to wellness dashboards.
- That should your organisation require further privacy protection that this is submitted for review and may be added to supplementary documentation.
Can I use ZS Wellness?
Only user who are 18 or over are permitted to use ZS Wellness or for ZS Wellness to collect data.
Before you get to the details, here are a few of our fundamental privacy principles:
- Your privacy is critically important to us and we handle your information accordingly.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone without your consent except to comply with the law, develop our products and services, or protect our rights.
- We are continuously working to enhance privacy options available to you.
ZS Wellness respects your privacy and shares your concern about the security of data you may submit to ZS Wellness websites and the related mobile applications and services (collectively, the “Services”).
Our privacy notice (the “Privacy Notice”) explains the information we collect, how we use and protect it, how to access and update your information, and how to manage your privacy settings when using the Services. This policy was written in English. To the extent a translated version conflicts with the English version, the English version controls. Questions or comments about this Privacy Notice may be submitted by mail to the address below or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Who controls your information?
ZS Wellness Ltd. is the “controller” of the information it collects.
Your Data, Your Choice
At ZS Wellness, we want to make sure you find it easy to access and amend the data we hold about you. Subject to limitations, you can also make certain requests about that data. Please contact us using the details set out below if you wish to exercise your data rights.
- The right to be informed. You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Privacy Notice.
- The right of access. You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it), and certain other information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Notice). This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law.
- The right to rectification. You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You can update your profile the Garmin Connect Application or otherwise by contacting us using the details set out below.
- The right to erasure. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information that we hold.
- The right to restrict processing. You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but will not use it further.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing (i.e. receiving information about ZS Wellness products and services which may be of interest to you via email or post.)
- The right to data portability. You have the right to obtain and reuse your information for your own purposes across different services. To our best ability we will provide your information in an easily accessible format.
- The right to lodge a complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your information with the national data protection regulator.
- The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything we do with your information (i.e. we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information), you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Please note that withdrawing your consent does not make unlawful what we have done with your personal data up to that point (when your consent was active).
Retaining your data
- We will not store or process your data for any longer than necessary.
- In general we only retain your data for as long is necessary so that we can provide you the services you request, meet our legal obligations (such as rules on the retention of medical data) and defend claims made against us. For more information about how long and/or how we decide how long to store your data, please contact us using the details set out below.
How do we collect your information?
We collect your information when you provide it to us through the Garmin Connect app or when you communicate with us in other ways.
- Personal information - collected upon completing the registration to use Garmin Connect app.
- Contact information - collected upon completing the registration to use Garmin Connect app & through electronic consent form.
- Wellness information - collected, upon consent being granted, via cloud based, application from Garmin Connect App & Wearable devices.
- Electronic proof of your consent - collected upon completing the ZS Wellness connection.
Why do we process your information?
In general, ZS Wellness only collects your information to provide you with our services – to help you order and keep track of your wellness.
We take our data protection responsibilities very seriously and will only process your information for clear and lawful purposes.
We will only process your information where we have a lawful basis for doing so. This will be the case if:
- You have given us your consent to process the data
- We need to process the data to perform our contractual obligations or to take steps in order to enter a contract (ie we need certain contact details in order to provide the service to you)
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your data (see the next section below for more details)
We collect and process your information for a variety of purposes, but in general to provide the services you request of us. These purposes include:
- Storing your data in databases so that we can create and maintain your account.
- Auditing and analysing your data, in particular to help us respond to issues and improve our services.
- Managing returns and confidential waste
- We have a legitimate interest in improving our service from a technical perspective. In order to do this we collect technical information so we can carry out service improvement related research. Furthermore, this information is also used for auditing and ad hoc issue investigation.
- We have a legitimate interest in improving our service for you, the user. In order to do this we collect behavioural information so we can see what actions you take within the app so we can continually improve the service for you.
- You are entitled to receive more information about our legitimate interests on request. If you would like to receive more information please contact us using the details set out below.
- In order to provide the consultation service, ZS Wellness may analyse your data in order to make recommendations for your benefit to the organisation and/or you.
- We may compile reports for your organisation, it is your right to request this information be anonymous.
Who your data is shared with?
ZS Wellness does not sell, trade or rent your information to third parties. We will share your information to service providers working on our behalf, or to meet certain other requirements, such as to comply with the law. We will never share your information with any third parties for marketing, advertising or any other purposes.
Please note that we are obliged to share information as necessary to comply with UK law and regulations. For example, we might need to share your information with regulators.
Do we transfer your data to other countries?
In the course of carrying out ZS Wellness, we may need to transfer your data to locations in other countries. If this happens, we will take steps to ensure that your data remains protected.
Given the worldwide nature of online communications and services, it is very common for users’ data on sites like ours to be transferred outside of the country in which it was collected. For example, the servers which host our sites could be located abroad. Where we transfer your data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will only do so if measures to maintain to protect your data and its privacy have been put in place.
Garmin Connect Privacy click here
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Privacy Statement Updates
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time as we add new products and apps, as we improve our current offerings, and as technologies and laws change. You can determine when this Privacy Statement was last revised by referring to the "LAST UPDATED" legend at the top of this page. Any changes will become effective upon our posting of the revised Privacy Statement on our affected websites. We will provide notice to you if these changes are material and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent. This notice will be provided by email or by posting notice of the changes on our affected websites or products/apps, consistent with applicable laws.
Cookies may be used to deliver adverts that are more relevant to you as well as to limit the number of times you see a particular advertisement and to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. We may analyse your personal information, including the products you view and buy, your browsing habits and other ways you interact with ZS Wellness. We will do this to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising and to help us provide you with more relevant offers, advice and information.
The Services uses log files. Stored information includes IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the Services, track member movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses, etc., may be linked to session IDs, athlete IDs and device identifiers.
We may share your information with third parties who provide services to ZS Wellness such as supporting and improving the Services, promoting the Services, analysing and developing programs. These service providers will only have access to the information necessary to perform these limited functions on our behalf and are required to protect and secure your information. We will request your permission prior to doing so. You have every right to decline.
Collection from Children
ZS Wellness is not intended for use by children under the age of 18. ZS Wellness does not knowingly collect such information. If you believe we may have accidentally received such information, please contact us immediately via email@example.com.
Aggregated and De-Identified Information
ZS Wellness may modify, de-identify and aggregate the information, data, text, software, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials you make available in connection with the Services (“Content”), in ways that do not personally identify you or contain personally identifiable information.
Examples of such aggregated information or statistical data include information about equipment and usage.
We will request your permission prior to doing so. You have every right to decline.
Your personally identifiable information may be disclosed to third parties in unforeseeable situations that are not preventable even when commercially reasonable protections are employed, such as in the case that ZS Wellness or the Services is subject to a hacking or other attack.
How We Protect Information
We take several measures to safeguard the collection, transmission and storage of the data we collect. These steps depend on the sensitivity of the data that we collect, process, and store. Although we strive to employ reasonable protections for your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of the information you share with us and we are not responsible for the theft, destruction, loss or inadvertent disclosure of your information or content.
No system is 100% secure. The Services uses industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of personal information. ZS Wellness engages a company that is an industry leader in online security and Services verification to strengthen the security of ZS Wellness Services. The Services are registered with site identification authorities so that your browser can confirm ZS Wellness identity before any personally identifiable information is sent. In addition, ZS Wellness secure servers protect this information using advanced firewall technology.
To help ensure that these measures are effective in preventing unauthorized access to your private information, you should be aware of the security features available to you through your browser. You should use a security-enabled browser to submit your credit card information and other personal information at the Services. Please note that if you do not use a SSL-capable browser, you are at risk for having data intercepted.
Most browsers have the ability to notify you if you change between secure and insecure communications, receive invalid Services identification information for the Services you are communicating with, or send information over an unsecured connection.
Last updated: 8th May 2018